Re: [OM] romance of film

Subject: Re: [OM] romance of film
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 18:02:22 -0400
The comparison study this comment is based on is no longer on line at
shootsmarter.com but it refers to a blind skin tone test done by Will
Crockett amongst several cameras there.  The 5D was the winner and beat
out its much more expensive (Canon) brother.  But that was back in 2006
and the test cameras are no longer sold and the article has been taken
down.  Might be on the way back machine.

 From <http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=80945>
I participated in a test to determine the "best" skin-tone of the
current crop of eight pro grade DSLRs (cameras that can be used in pro
work) with Will Crockett recently. Will is a well known professional
photographer, consultant and beta tester for a considerable amount of
industry corporations (He also runs shootsmarter.com and Shoot Smarter
University). However, in doing tests of products he remains true with no
influence from companies and tells it like it is. I can attest to this
as this test was blindly judged. Of all cameras tested the 5D delivered
the best skin tones and the 1Ds Mk II the worst it came in last at
eight, that's right we were all very suprised and I myself shoot Nikon
and Fuji. The 5D makes me consider switching or adding it for studio
work which it is absolutely perfect for. It has a full frame sensor like
the 1Ds Mk II and a much smaller price tag.

Chuck Norcutt