Re: [OM] romance of film

Subject: Re: [OM] romance of film
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 08:57:05 -0500

> I'd send it back stating your disappointment.  I also suspect you're
> correct about the latest high end ink jets being superior print makers.
> But it wouldn't pay for me to put one of those on my desk.

I  too, find this rather fascinating. Ctein is a top-dog printer. As a
photographer, I think his work is much like my own--competitent, but not
particularily world-class.

As a printer (and image processor), I'm not very good at all. If I'm going
for artistic interpretation I can do quite well, but the goalposts are
spread pretty wide. For portrait photography, I gladly pay the freight to
have another set of eyeballs do the color-correcting.

Which will be the subject of another post...

B&W darkroom printing? On a good day I can be pretty good at that. Try to do
the same in the digital darkroom? I'd rather eat headcheese.

AG