Re: [OM] Brain Cramp that won't go anywhere

Subject: Re: [OM] Brain Cramp that won't go anywhere
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:32:13 -0500

> I have a friend who wants to set up a photo school by buying an old and
> moribund motel in the bush somewhere and setting it up with basic
> accommodation for photo weekend workshops. Lots of landscapes. He's a
> heritage camera nut so a darkroom would be mandatory. I really hope he does
> it - I could use the holidays!

We located a similar type of place in Colorado that we're finding quite
intruiging. The economics maliase has caused a lot of outstanding
"investments" to go sour and ending up as bank property. We can get this one
place for an absolute song, but then I looked at the water-rights and
discovered the "gotcha". Due to the water restrictions there is a limit to
the number of guests allowable throughout the year as well as a cap on the
number at any one time. I'd have to charge $500 per night per guest JUST to
make the nut.

(which is what the other properties in the area charge).

I recognize that this is strictly a brain-cramp funded by bad anchovies or
something, but the idea of a Smokey Mountain National Park and Mt.
Mitchell trip might work for more people on this list than anywhere else.

AG