Re: [OM] Brain Cramp that won't go anywhere

Subject: Re: [OM] Brain Cramp that won't go anywhere
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 12:34:09 -0500
Charlie,

That is absolutely true. There has been several generations of rancor over
this. When Fontana Lake was being built, the government promised to build a
road on the north side of the lake to allow access to this area. The road
was never built. Well... It was started to be built but was stopped. I've
hiked a few miles of it.

As to the buildings left standing? I know there were a few, but I believe
most were destroyed--just as they were in Cataloochee.

A little side-note about the eastern edge: Poaching is alive and well in
this area and most of the ranger vehicles have multiple bullet holes in
them...

AG