Re: [OM] romance of film

Subject: Re: [OM] romance of film
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:05:29 -0500
.  It was an 8x10 photo that appears to have been taken in the late 40s or
early 50s that had been rolled up for many, many years.  It had thousands of
cracks in the emulsion when unrolled.  The customer was ecstatic with the
fixed photo since it was the only existing photograph of her grandparents.
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/restoration.php>

Chuck Norcutt

That was the one fault with th otherwise superb glossy ferrotyped finish. It
would crack on the surface. I remember in my earlier years, we would take
an old photo that had cracked, and soak it for quite a while in our usual
pakosol solution. After it was flat and flexible, it went back on the drum
drier, and was again perfect.

Man, am I old!

Bill Pearce