Re: [OM] Head Pounding Moment

Subject: Re: [OM] Head Pounding Moment
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 18:45:29 -0400
In the spring I attended the wedding of the daughter of a good friend.
The wedding photogs looked like a pair of twin sisters in their late
20's.  They were each sporting a pair of Canon 5D Mk IIs.  One of the
cameras carried a 24-70/2.8 and the other a 70-200/2.8 as well as being
fitted with 580EX II flash units (in the hot shoe and pointed straight
up).  I suspect the reflector panel was also up for a little forward
flash but I couldn't tell.  The wedding was in an old, stone
Presbyterian church which was a bit like a mini-cathedral.  Very high
ceilings of stone and wood beams.  I spoke to one of the photogs later
and asked what they had been doing and she said they were definitely
bouncing off the ceiling at high ISO.

I haven't seen any of the in-church photos but I've seen the outdoor
stuff which was OK.  Except the mother was very distraught in that
certain key photos she had very explicitly requested were never taken.
In particular, there isn't a single photo that shows the bride's full
(and lengthy) train.

Chuck Norcutt