Re: [OM] ICC profiles, Color Casts and Head Pounding Moment

Subject: Re: [OM] ICC profiles, Color Casts and Head Pounding Moment
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 22:06:36 -0700
  On 10/8/2010 7:43 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Moose, I did a quick-and-dirty attempt at creating an ICC profile for the
> DMC-L1 with flash ...
> The ICC profile neutralized it and corrected it. I did go and experiment with
> this experimental profile on some other images (scenics, etc) and it really
> cleaned things up. I'll be taking a serious approach to this
> tomorrow.

Hey, that's great! I don't know the history, but I'm guessing that part of the
impetus for developing the ICC standard
was dealing with skin tones. After all, the pros that needed it were likely
mostly in advertising, event work,
portraiture, etc. The Kodak IT8 target has a small image of a model with
careful lighting and great skin in the top of
the free area.

> Thanks for the suggestion.

Glad to be of help! Headache receding?

Moose