Re: [OM] A bit of fall scanner art

Subject: Re: [OM] A bit of fall scanner art
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 06:56:26 -0400
Muck?  I'm not sure what you mean.  But perhaps you took "picked up" to
mean off the ground and possibly quite dirty.  All these leaves were
picked from the tree except, of course, for the cat tail.  They're all
quite clean and dry to the touch and I don't see any obvious residue on
the scanner's glass or reflector.  But it's still early morning and it's
dark outside.  I'll check again later after the sun comes up and the
room gets much brighter.

I got a surprise last week after scanning some credit cards and a few
other documents I normally carry in my wallet.  After the scans I
discovered two tiny sticky spots on the glass (that could have passed
for tree sap).  Turned out to be from deteriorating adhesive that was
holding a two-part card together and oozing out one edge.

Chuck Norcutt