[OM] [OT] Owego, New York

Subject: [OM] [OT] Owego, New York
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 15:14:04 -0400
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Owego,%20NY%20-%20Oct%202010/>

A pano from some of my fall foliage shots of yesterday.  The shot is
taken from the Evergreen Cemetery from the railing seen in the photo
here. <http://nyslandmarks.com/treasures/08aug.htm>  I think this shot
must be pretty old.  The trees are grown up and it's not possible to see
the river as well today.

The first image is the pano.  The next 3 are crops from the pano moving
from left to right.  The last 3 are crops from the crops, one from each.
5D with Tamron 20-40 at 40mm, f/11, 1/200 sec.  At 240 ppi the pano
would make a print about 11 x 37 inches.

The village of Owego, NY is about 12 miles west of me on the Susquehanna
River which is seen in the photo.  If you are a fan of James Fennimore
Cooper you may know that the Susquehanna's headwaters are in
Cooperstown, NY and figure prominently in some of his tales.  You may
also know the Susquehanna from the infamous Three Mile Island nuclear
accident near Harrisburg, PA or perhaps from where the river empties
into the north end of the Chesapeake Bay and is the Bay's major fresh
water source.

The vantage point from the cemetery is looking south toward the
Pennsylvania/New York border which is about 10 miles away.  It's late
afternoon and the sun is low on the right side of the picture.  The
bridge across the river connects the village with Interstate 86 as well
as a more local highway.

Chuck Norcutt