Re: [OM] Photos from 2009

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos from 2009
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:13:21 -0400
I can't claim shutting down any train traffic but me and my several
buddies did sort of shut down the foot traffic at Le Mans.  We had
brought along the makings of spaghetti and a pot.  But we had nothing to
build a fire with other than a bottle of rubbing alcohol.  So we poured
the alcohol into a little puddle in a hole in the ground and cooked our
spaghetti lunch over the fire.  But the alcohol flame was basically
invisible in the sun and all the people wandering by stopped and stared
briefly, absolutely mystified about how we could be cooking spaghetti
over a little hole in the ground.  :-)

The other funny story from Le Mans (funny now anyhow) was that at about
4 in the morning I was sleeping on the ground.  Dead tired from having
traveled from Germany to get to the race but having difficulty falling
asleep due to the cars running by about 30 meters away.  I couldn't have
been asleep but a very short time when I was awakened by something sharp
jabbing me in the ribs.  It was a dapper old, mustachioed English gent
in a tweed coat poking me in the ribs with his umbrella.  When I opened
my eyes he said: "I say, old chap, aren't you aware there's a motor race
going on?"  :-)

Chuck Norcutt