Re: [OM] Brain Cramp that won't go anywhere

Subject: Re: [OM] Brain Cramp that won't go anywhere
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:47:47 -0700
  On 10/5/2010 7:32 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> I have a friend who wants to set up a photo school by buying an old and
>> moribund motel in the bush somewhere ...
> We located a similar type of place in Colorado that we're finding quite
> intruiging...
>
> I recognize that this is strictly a brain-cramp funded by bad anchovies or
> something, but the idea of a Smokey Mountain National Park and Mt. Mitchell
> trip might work for more people on this list than anywhere else.

We passed a somewhat run down looking retreat center on Sebago Lake, ME for
sale.

Still, it seems to me that a first step would be to find a place that isn't
winterized in a scenic area that caters to
summer visitors that would rent all or a block of space to you after the end of
their season for a fall photo workshop.
Maine is full of church camps, lakeside motels, and such that are strictly
seasonal. I assume that would be true of much
of the Eastern mountain spine down to the Smokeys.

AFTER you determine that the idea will draw enough participants to fly and the
real economics, you look into a more
permanent home.

I'm posting separately about how much scenic beauty one can find in a single
day in a not particularly scenically famous
part of Maine.

Moose