Re: [OM] Portait Redux, The Sequel

Subject: Re: [OM] Portait Redux, The Sequel
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 16:14:37 -0500
As part of my "day job", on rare occasion I'm called to address RF
related issues. For example, we had a situation where one of our
telephone offices was interferring with the local fire department's
2-way radios. That one proved particularily gnarly and part of the
problem was a damaged groundfield.

Anyway, I have various test items, including spectrum analysers and a
few homebrew things. It is amazing just how noisy the spectrum is.

As an example:

The ebay triggers I have operate on 433 mHz. Fine and dandy... But so
does the wireless thermometer in my house AND the rain-water detector
for the in-ground sprinkler system. I also have another wireless
device operating on that frequency. PocketWizards sold in USA are in
the 340-355 mHz range, but globally, the 433 mHz frequency is used
most often. Oh, and the radio control cars my daughters have? 433 mHz.

RF Schnozz