Re: [OM] Portait Redux, The Sequel

Subject: Re: [OM] Portait Redux, The Sequel
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:45:43 -0500
Hey, on a positive note...

In my $20 box of goodies (camera junk) is a 285 which I've been able
to resurrect. The capacitor needs a few more weeks of forming, but I
think it will be relatively fine in the end. It's an oldie, however,
when checking voltage on the hot shoe, it's under 8 vdc.

The Metz 45 CL-1's battery pack is rubbish, so I'll have to rebuild
that or something, but before I do, I'm going to see if the thing even
works via antoher method of powering.

The one item I've been kinda afraid of powering up is an old White
Lightning 10,000. I finally tried it out. I think it's been more than
a few years since it was fired...  Unfortunately, I did fail to
adequately clean the tube off and when it fired the dust on it burned
off in a nice cloud of smoke. Otherwise, it seems to work fine. That
sucker is pretty bright.

AG