[OM] What to buy for architectural photography at a budget?

Subject: [OM] What to buy for architectural photography at a budget?
From: iwert bernakiewicz <iwert.bcz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 20:59:30 +0200
Hello everybody,

Long time no write, but it has been very busy here. I've been reviving the
tool of photography at my architecture school
and it is rather successful. I'll be doing two courses for alumni about
photography in the architectural practice (architectural models & other
specialties as well as the basics). the first was full in 48 hours, so there
appears to be a need in the professional world :).

Now that the iron is hot I got a friendly mail today telling me to propose a
camera for school with a budget of 1500 Euro maximum.

Now there are a few quirks: no second hand allowed, and to be of EU origin,
and including TVA, so this will be the rough equivalent of 1500$.

Students as well as teachers will use the camera, not always too friendly I
suppose. So I've been thinking:

Panasonic G2 kit (570) + 7-14mm (1019), has video, lots of DOF (required for
architectural models, the more the better:) and can mount the old Leica
macro lenses we still have through an adaptor.

Panasonc GH1 kit (1019) + Olympus 9-18 (599)

Olympus E-620 (509,-) + 50 f2 (589,-) + 9-18 (509,-) might do it however.
Question if this is not too much of a dead end?

(but all these are over budget by 100 Euro..., why isn't it possible to buy
body only with panasonic... would do the trick otherwise)

First two offer video, which might be interesting to experiment with for the
students.

Live-view is a definite plus. Canon is not good at the wide end (except for
the shifts, but that is not within budget either :).

Any ideas?

Iwert