Re: [OM] What to buy for architectural photography at a budget?

Subject: Re: [OM] What to buy for architectural photography at a budget?
From: iwert bernakiewicz <iwert.bcz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:02:09 +0200
Because I simply don't need it that often. 10 MP is plenty for our use
(maximum A4 print) So I rather crop to square then doing Perspective
correction. A little correction is ok though, but there is mostly no time to
correct afterwards. There is a definite difference between perspective
correction in software as compared to hardware. The vertical ratio is not
maintained equally, so squares would become rectangles. Not good for correct
documentation of existing situations. This is very difficult to correct. (or
does PTlens?)

I'll also do correction by downsizing the longest side, so there is no
problem of upsampling.

Olympus studio has perfect distortion correction for lens distortion. I'll
look into the pent@x, seems interesting as well!

Thanks for the thoughts,

Iwert