Re: [OM] ( OM) Broadband

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM) Broadband
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:36:26 -0700
  On 10/19/2010 6:47 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Brian, if his ADSL connection is still flakey, I suspect that there are still
> telephones, fax machines or cable/satellite TV set-top boxes connected to the
> telephone lines without the in-line filters. ALL items attached to the
> telephone jacks EXCEPT the ADSL modem MUST have the in-line filters.

Or, as I did, use one filter to feed all jacks except the one the modem is
connected to. In my case, all lines were
connected to the block where the line came in in the basement and I simply
split them there.

BTW, my ADSL was AT&T and was quite reliable. When I did have a problem with
even slower than normal speeds, I didn't
have any trouble getting first an old time lineman to check the line, then a
young techie guy with special equipment to
check the performance. He got it back up from 384k to 768k, but confirmed the
long series of old copper and punch downs
meant it wouldn't sync reliably any higher.

I switched to cable modem for better speed, but never had any complaints about
AT&T support. They are now in the process
of wiring Berkeley with fiber.

Moose