[OM] 3Ti slow speeds, John H, etc.

Subject: [OM] 3Ti slow speeds, John H, etc.
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:07:07 +0200
John, so sorry to hear about your chest pains and unexpected ambulance
ride.
I am sure the whole list uttered a collective gasp upon reading this -
please
take care of yourself!

Thank you so much for the heads up on my 3Ti problem. The irony is, my
repair guy
doesn't "know" OMs, he's just very very experienced, so he basically
figured it
out as he went along, and did a pretty good job about it, but I cannot
assume
that he knows the holes in the brass gear correspond to the two ends.
I am quite
positive this is the problem, that the slow-speed mechanism is off by
"one tooth"
hence the erratic behaviour. Before the fitment of the new shutter-
speed coupler
gear, the speeds were perfect. Definitely no crud to be cleaned out of
those gears,
the camera still looks shiny new inside :-)

Will take a look at it (as soon as I can put the darn thing down, it's
so nice to
use...)

Dawid