Re: [OM] 24/2 vs 21/2 vs 24/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 24/2 vs 21/2 vs 24/2.8
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 04:55:55 +1300
Moose & Wayne wrote

> > I took some shots with my 35/2 last month. I've processed a few and not
> > noticed hot spotting. They were all in daylight at relatively small
> > apertures, so maybe it doesn't show up in those conditions. Maybe I'll
> >

> >From my experiments with this effect it is more pronounced at small
> apertures, e.g. f16.
>
> Don't recall noticing any problems with the Zuiko 35/2, but the tamron
> 90/2.5 and Nikon series E 50/1.8 were the worst of the ones I tested.  By
> the way, once I'd identified the problem lenses I retested with film and
> yes the effect can be detected when using film.
>
> ...Wayne

I have a Tokina 24-40/2.8 lens I bought more than 5 years ago for my OMs.

For the first time I experienced hot-spotting with a lens. It's a very sharp
lens, but the unpredictability and severity of the hot-spotting has resulted in
me hardly using it on OM since discovering the problem. I haven't tried it on
an E-thing, but should give it a trial then sell it.  I'm not much good at
seling
but this one is a prime candidate for sale. It would find sky to reflect in the
most unlikely places.

Brian Swale.