Re: [OM] 21/2 vs. 24/2 vs. 24/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 21/2 vs. 24/2 vs. 24/2.8
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:05:44 -0500
Dawid, interesting thoughts on the differences between the fast OM wide
angles and their slower counterparts.
I must admit, the copy of the 24/2 I had might have been the sharpest lens
I've ever owned.  I sometimes think that I should have just held onto it,
but it paid for a Contax G1 and 45/2 Planar, another mighty performer.
Personally I think that the slower OMs are generally excellent performers,
and stopped down there is little difference between any of them, slow and
fast.  The only fast OM wide angle lens that I think is clearly a better
performer in every category is the 28/2.  That is a sweet little lens.

I currently have 4 cameras loaded with film waiting to be shot (2 OMs,
Contax G1 and Yashica Electro GS) but can't seem to find the time!  Both the
OMs have K64 in them, I probably shouldn't wait too much longer to burn
those rolls.  Plan on shooting one next weekend and one at Thanksgiving.

Also just wanted to say that I've enjoyed everyone's image contributions to
the list, even if I don't comment on them.