Re: [OM] (OT) G12

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) G12
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:42:36 -0700
On 10/24/2010 2:40 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> How certain are you that you want to spend more money yet not get the
> G11/12's fully articulating screen?  That's a big price to pay for something
> that lends itself so easily to macro work.  You can either kneel in the mud
> or else flip the screen up.  :-)

Yes indeedy! The P700 would have to make MUCH better images than the Canons to
interest me at all.

It's not just macros near the ground. It's shooting over the fence, the shrub,
the crowd and a greatly increased freedom
in viewpoint in general.

It's one of the reasons the Sony A55 intrigues me so much. Responsive live view
with a fully articulated screen AND the
IQ of a large sensor and flexibility of interchangeable lenses.

Moose