[OM] (OM) OT Picasa

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT Picasa
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:14:08 +1300
My experience ...

The wife of my nephew in Brazil (where he teaches English language in a
boarding school) said she was having great problems downloading Picasa.

So I made some suggestions about handling the buttons/links etc and these
didn't work for her.

I downloaded it with the intention of e-mailing it to her. Then I realised I
could e-mail her the download link, and that worked for her.

Since I had saved a copy of the install program I thought I'd install it and
see
how it went.

Firstly, as soon as I started the install it tried to connect to Google.

I didn't approve of that so I pulled the plug.

Then it did the install, and the install stalled because it could not report to
Google again (I still had the plug out). Eventually it did complete the install
even with no connection to Google, and I agreed for it to run there and then.

The first thing it wanted to do was get an answer as to how I wanted my
photos organised. There was no alternative; organise this way or another.
No *Null* response available.

I'll sort out my own photos, thanks very much !!

At that point I did an uninstall !!  And felt much better (and safer) after :-)

I'm not having Google prowl around my computer if I can help it; or organise
my photos!

Brian Swale.