[OM] Aperture 3.1 library upgrade issues - Make Backups

Subject: [OM] Aperture 3.1 library upgrade issues - Make Backups
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:22:06 +0200
HI All,

Make sure you have a good backup or two or your apertrure3 library
before upgrading to 3.1.

I upgraded my library to aperture 3.1 fine or so I though and then added
a weeks worth of photo's. All fine or so I thought, then when I started
it a few days later it wanted to migrate/upgrade  again but failed on
step 7 saying it can't read the database. I had to reinstall aperture 3
(so copy old  aperture application before installing update) and then
hold the command and alt keys to get to the rebuild library option. I
then deleted the new photo's I had added and redid the upgrade. This
time it looks better and the copy (I use rsyncx) also works on the
backup machine and external drive.

There are some reports on the apple forums with people finding differing
ways to solve it. I tried but found I had to do the above to get it to
work otherwise the rebuild of database just hangs.

SO make sure you take a backup before upgrading, if you use time machine
then you should have on anyway.

IanW