Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)

Subject: Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:31:37 +0200
As an apprentice (while doing a year in industry before going to
university - a so-called thick-sandwich course - one of my assignments
was in the inspection team in a metalworking section. This was 1970/1
and the company (Marconi) had recently switched to 'unified' threads.
All our equipment racks (for Royal Navy radio gear) had warning labels
attached "Some threads are unified" (which we sang to the tune of La
Donna e Mobile from Rigoletto).

Up to that time a huge mixture of threads had been used and moving to
UNC/UNF was a great simplification. Of course moving to metric
sometime later was even 'better'.

As I recall, there is a one-way compatibility between some sizes - but
it was what we called a 'rattling good fit'. The other way was ok for
a few turns but could bind. All down to the thread angles...