Re: [OM] (OT) G12

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) G12
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:46:08 -0400
I probably should stay out of this, but I can't for the life of me understand
why anyone would be looking at a G11/G12 or the Nikon equivalent for a large
print. You want a large print, you use good large print stuff, like the 5D Mk
II or the D3 or some such. Or, hell, a Phase One! You use a G11 or G12 (at
least in my understanding) when you want to carry a camera without lugging 30
pounds on your back and still get acceptable image quality--at small print or
web-print sizes. If I carried a new G12 I would not try to make a 20x30 out of
anything I took, unless it were to test the limits of Photoshop and Genuine
Fractals. But I might use it for some 7x10s or 5x7s, or images to put on the
web showing all the fun I had on a trip to the Rose of the Shires, where I most
assuredly would not be lugging my Nikon bag around.

--Bob Whitmire
"Art's just fart without the eff."
www.bobwhitmire.com