Re: [OM] [OT] Dinner Cruise on Skaneateles Lake

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Dinner Cruise on Skaneateles Lake
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:56:50 -0400
Believe it or not, I've seen a lot of bitching about the D3X because it's not
so good with noise, and is much finickier to deal with. Good IQ isn't easy to
come by. The common wisdom is that it's a studio camera in need of total
control conditions, or a landscape camera for tripod, mirror lock up, etc. But
it ain't no D3. All the buzz I hear is that "people" are eschewing (rather than
defenestrating) the D3x for the D3s, which I thought just added video but
apparently made some other adjustments that have the Nikon world rocking. But
not me. I can't even spring for the G12 right now. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com