Re: [OM] (OT) G12 vs OM Film

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) G12 vs OM Film
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:28:10 -0500
One of my printing gurus has said that if the scale is somewhere between 180
and 400 (and I believe this is dpi, not ppi), you can get a good print. Less
than 180 and it starts to fall apart. More than 400 and the same thing
happens. He recommends no up or down rez unless the final size falls outside
the 180-400 limits. (The 400 was actually more like 420 or 460, but I don't
recall which at the moment, and I'm way too lazy to look it up.)
That goes with my experience. I generally take everything to 300 for the HP
printer and 320 for the epson. That's because all I've read on the web, and
we know how reliable that can be, says thowe resolutions are native to the
printer, so thingw work faster. Still, I have the G10, and I've uprezed
things with it to 300 at 28x36 or so, and had prints made on photo paper
that looked as good as any digital I've ever seen. I have taken things from
it to 17x25 at home and things look good there too.

Bill Peaece