[OM] Nikon 14-24 or E-5

Subject: [OM] Nikon 14-24 or E-5
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:01:06 +0200
Should I jump ship from Olympus digital, the lens I will miss most will
be the 7-14, and having read some reports from people who have used the
7-14 and 14-24nykon is seems there is not much between them although
sometimes the flare is less in the Oly the Nykon has a stop more, Sooo I
am thinking maybe the E-5 which would cost the same as the nykon lens
may also be an option if it delivers to me what the E-3 did not, so
that's two reviews I am now waiting for.

Olympus E-5
Tokina 16-28/2.8

Next year I am doing my India trip on a motorycle, which raises the
question of what camera equipment to take, I don't want to take the 5D2
because its big heavy and I don't think it will stand up to the knocks,
same almost goes to the E-3, so I am thinking maybe two point and shoots
one that goes to 24mm equiv (leica/pany) and then a separate one that
goes longer for general use G11, both would be easily pocketable and as
small as a lens for either system above and I would have a backup. I
would hate to see some amazing shot though and be let down by quality,
but in reality  I find that I am rarely printing  at A3 and most times
now to A4 so if I get everything right they should be fine, although it
pains me that I have to leave my best equipment behind on such an epic
(for me) adventure.