Re: [OM] (OT) G12 vs OM Film

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) G12 vs OM Film
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:48:54 -0400
Aw, pshaw! I ain't got nothing special, I just do it a lot. <g>  I guess it's
that great nations divided by a common language thing again. When I talk about
up rez, I mean when the software has to actively add pixels to the image in
such a way as to make it look at, say, 16x24 like it looked at it's native
12x18. If I take a standard D3 image and ask the printer to make it a 16x24, it
tells me the dpi will be 166. I think that's a little low, so I'll use Genuine
Fractals to up rez the image. If I'm going larger, but the dpi falls at 180 or
above, I leave it alone. There's no discernible difference in print quality.
(Unless you're Moose.)

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com