Re: [OM] apple, et al

Subject: Re: [OM] apple, et al
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:11:43 -0400
>They use it against you for when it needs some warranty repair for something
else. The G-force thing is a common item they use to void the warranty and
charge you for repairs.

Mmm...no.  the G-force thing just gives them a way to prevent customers from
screwing them (Apple) over with warranty claims when it's really the customers'
fault they dropped the device. Same with the moisture seals (telltales). that
are inside the device. Apple errs on the side of generosity in warranty claims,
in my experience.

>I'm not backhanding on Apple. They build high-quality products that don't do
very much, but what they do do, they do very well.

That statement is a back-handed insult, by definition. I'd say their products
do all of what the competition does and more.

Honestly, I don't really care what other people like/think/want in terms of
computer/phone stuff. As long as I can have Apple products for myself, the rest
of the world can go have fun with whatever junk they are using instead. ;-)