Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:44:23 -0400
I wasn't sure what you were talking about so did a little digging and
see that you're talking about Verizon Backup.  It's not exactly free.
You are first charged for a 1MB data download to get the app. and then
standard messaging and text messaging rates apply.  I have no other need
for data or text messaging so I had requested some time ago that Verizon
block both data and text from my phone.  The reason is that I had been
charged several dollars for data transfer once and have no idea what the
charge was for.  I certainly never deliberately sent of received data (I
don't know how). I was also being billed 10 cents each for text
messages.  But I never send text messages (I don't know how) and the
only text messages I have ever received were obnoxious spam.  Since
these services have been disabled at my request, AFAIK, I am unable to
use the backup service.

Perhaps if I visit their office they'll do it for me as they did when
they transferred my contacts from my old phone to the present one.

Chuck Norcutt