Re: [OM] (OT) G12 vs OM Film

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) G12 vs OM Film
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:40:51 -0400
Ah, but there are some errors in your reasoning.  All of this might make
sense if I were using QImage and printing on a high end inkjet printer.
  I do print on an inkjet printer (a cheap one) very occasionally but
any serious printing goes to a commercial (and chemical) print shop.  I
output at the native resolution of the devices used in those shops and
sharpen the image at that specific resolution.  Then I tell the shop
"don't touch this image, print as is".  I then get better looking prints
and they cost me less since the hand/eye/brain of their operator was not
involved.

Chuck Norcutt