Re: [OM] (OT) Y*shica 35 gsn question

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Y*shica 35 gsn question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 07:52:25 -0400
 From your description of film winding smoothly with the back open it
would appear that the pressure plate must be pressing too firmly on the
film.  The pressure plate is mounted on light springs.  Check that the
pressure plate has some give to it.  Compare to another camera.

You might also put some light pressure on the film while winding with
the back open to see if you can simulate the problem.  Maybe with
pressure the film wants to pull out of the takeup reel.  If it were to
be loose on one side the film might pull unevenly and try to hop over
one side of the sprocket.

Chuck Norcutt