Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:09:51 -0700
On 10/28/2010 10:59 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Why indeed?  But I have to explain to her how to look for a file that she has
> saved somewhere.  The somewhere is a mystery purely because the fact that
> there is a somewhere is a mystery -- if that's not too obscure a sentence :-)

No, quite clear, at least to my convoluted brain. ;-)

Do Mac apps not have a default folder for saving stuff generated using them?
Not mac bashing here, just curious about
what you say above and the story about the fellow with the desktop full of
files.

With Windoze, you have to make an effort to lose stuff or clutter up the
desktop with files and folders.  By default,
File=>Save and File=>Open use a standard folder for that app. Do Mac apps not
do that? Or are we dealing with folks who
click on stuff randomly?

Moose