Re: [OM] (OT) Y*shica 35 gsn question

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Y*shica 35 gsn question
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 16:15:48 +1100
Yashica MG-1 - later and more compact incarnation of the G** series.

It occurs to me that another cause is that the pressure plate is not
compressing enough - often they are mounted on curved springs which not only
deform to provide pressure but also slide on their mounting pins. If the mount
is frozen, the springs stuck to the door, the plate may not retreat far enough
with the door closed and film within.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx