Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:21:55 -0700
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Now, Jan, where's your concern for energy consumption?  :-)

It's called "sleep mode."

My trusty Kill-A-Watt says my Mac draws way less than a night-light while
sleeping, compared to some PCs that Consumer Reports say draw nearly the same
when sleeping as when awake.

> On 10/29/2010 7:00 AM, Jan Steinman wrote:
>>> From: Chuck Norcutt<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> But I do cheat a bit.  I shut down every night and reboot in the
>>> morning.
>>
>> So your claiming that you haven't crashed in 18 months is REALLY that
>> you haven't crashed in ~16 hours. :-)
>>
>> # uptime 3:59  up 49 days,  8:23, 2 users, load averages: 0.65 0.52
>> 0.48

Happiness is the normal state of a healthy, well-adjusted individual. When you
can cause sick people to be happy, psychologists have proven that their senses,
like eyesight, taste and smell, improve, and their internal organs function
better. They even heal quicker after an operation. Their memory improves, and
their reasoning capabilities increase with happiness. -- Eli Gatoga