Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:40:37 +1100
Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh!
My #1 son gave me an htc Smart as a gift while I was in the Great Wen. I
accepted gracelessly (well, he got it for free) as I was curious about touch
fones. OMG! How bloody hopeless, irritating and time consuming are these
wretched devices? If you gave an engineer a brief to design a device that would
do nine squillion useless thing and yet perform its primary function rather
clumsily or mysteriously, I think this nasty little brick might be the result.
A friend of mine ran into a cultural anthropologist one day. She told him that
she'd just been hired by a major corporation like Motorola or some such - to
redesign user interfaces. Good idea but I don't think her influence has
filtered down yet.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx