Re: [OM] OT: Another fancy-dress party

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Another fancy-dress party
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:21:20 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Olympus Camera Discussion" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 1:14 PM

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It pains me to write this, but I really enjoy using my GF-1 for party
> shots. It's quick and effective, and if I get the settings right (such as
> not have -1EV set for flash photography!), the results are good.
>
> Of the results from fancy-dress party on Friday night, this one pleases me
> greatly, for more than one reason:
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_VdmSFMTKMEPXN37-xdZl6k__XRAhsD_kOysvsvQDCc?feat=directlink

Hmmm. The lovely woman is striking what we would call a "Rosie the
Riveter" pose, i.e., US iconography.  Nothing wrong with that, of
course, but somewhat surprising that US pop culture going back to WWII
is recognizable in modern Britain.  Was there a British counterpart?
There must have been.

...likely, but definitely not promoting the Kriegsmarine !

jh

Rachel is not exactly the peaches and cream type depicted in the
original Rosie posters, but she's well worth the digits.

Joel W.