Re: [OM] Autumn around the world, was: Nathan's PAD 31/10/2010: autumn

Subject: Re: [OM] Autumn around the world, was: Nathan's PAD 31/10/2010: autumn in Denmark
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:18:56 +1100
Could he have meant trees originating in those areas? Certainly east Asian
trees are grow all over for their colours (Rhus) while the European Plane tree
leaves (occidentalis rather than orientalis) that Nathan photographed in the
street just go brown and drop. We have some colour around here - known for it
in fact - but there is only one indigenous deciduous Australian tree and that
doesn't colour up (Nothofagus gunnii, I think) and the Queensland White Cedar
in my garden which does drop if grown in southern, colder zones only manages a
dull yellow.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx