Re: [OM] (OM) Manual Zuikos on E-3

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Manual Zuikos on E-3
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 03:37:01 -0700
On 10/31/2010 10:30 PM, Jeff Keller wrote:
> If you are getting up close and personal, the 80mm Zuiko macro would be an
> obvious choice to consider but again f4.

Check, got it. But I never seem to think of it for anything but fixed, tripod
work with bellows. Note to self ...

> The Tamron SP 35-80mm specs a close focus of 1:2.5 at 80mm but also f3.8.
> http://www.adaptall-2.org/lenses/01A.html

Check. Nice, sharp lens that gets pretty close, and at the right end of the
zoom range. I think all of these but the IT8
target are with this Tammy, but I might be wrong about the first two.*

> The 85mm f2 with an extension tube or front diopter lens might be your best
> choice. Olympus made some pretty good close up lenses for their iS series
> cameras.
> http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm#iS/L_Macro_Converters

I have the A-Macro and B-Macro. Their two element, achromatic design is
superior to Oly's own single element close-up
lenses for OM and generic close-up lenses, but I would go with extensions,
given the choice.

Moose

* Note the good excuse to show again my oft posted color profiling link, to tie
in with my last posts. :-)