Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:55:43 +0000
I think that the iPad and other, similar devices are what that's about, Moose.
I don't think that anyone would buy a serious computer that was purely
icon-based.  But that's the eternal compromise to be made, between usability
and flexibility.

You can work a Mac like that, of course.  Put the applications that you want to
use, and only those, in the Dock and limit that user to those.  Don't open a
Finder window and leave the file locations to the automatic options.

Perhaps that's what I should persuade my mother to do . .   ;-)

Chris