Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 13:23:11 -0700
On 11/1/2010 6:37 AM, Bill Pearce wrote:
> You make some good points.

Thanks

> A friend was an electronics engineer of some talent, ad was in fact involved
> in the development of the Heathkit computer.

The PCXT clone? I built one of those and still have it in my basement next to
the Apple II+. No idea if either would
work if I hooked it up. I also made one of the much earlier Heathkit analog
computers, a very different sort of thing.

> We were discussing the "new thing" once, what was called then the "home
> computer." His comment? "It won't be a success until it's like a typewriter.
> Everyone uses one, but only a very few can fix one." He wasn't entirely
> right, but it is a good idea, one that has yet to be reached.

It's actually pretty close for many who use either PCs or Macs in their default
ways.

Moose