Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 30/10/2010: cute Danish couple

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 30/10/2010: cute Danish couple
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 22:35:06 +1100
Yes, should read 'or'.
Of course 'art' is a commercial activity but it is seen as of a different
nature to a used car advert so it has sacred status. The lines are blurred to
say the least - as messy as Ermin's unmade bed - but generally if the image is
sold as an image in and of itself, then it is art. If it is sold to enhance the
sale of a product or service, then it is commercial. Bizarrely this means that
if a reproduced work of art is used on a poster to advertise an exhibition,
then technically its use is commercial. But I doubt that would be pursued
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx