Re: [OM] [OT] US weather radio advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] US weather radio advice needed
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 15:59:35 -0500
> Thanks.  I've done a little research since that last post and see that
> the station of interest it WXL42 in Winston-Salem, NC serving Guilford
> County (and others) on 162.4 MHz.

Doesn't matter. The radios will auto-tune to the nearest station. You
still need to program in the county code to filter.

We live about a mile or so from the edge of the county. We have both
counties identified as the neighbor one is to our west. Nice to know
what is coming our way a little earlier.

Another option, which I recommend, but not as an either-or, but an
additional warning is to subscribe to a tornado warning alert service
that dials your telephone to deliver the warning message. Not
something I'd entrust my life to, but it does make a good two-method
backup system.

AG