Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)

Subject: Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 11:27:36 -0400
I believe you bought some umbrella brackets something like these
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=umbrella+bracket&N=0&InitialSearch=yes>

If so, all the tilt adjustment required is built into the umbrella
bracket.  They're designed to attached to light stands by slipping them
over the top stud which is 5/8" diameter.  Since the light stand top
doesn't swivel the bracket or light itself must do the work. See:
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/262758-REG/Impact_LS_6B_Light_Stand_Black.html>

Perhaps you only need remove the tripod head and replace it with a
short, rigid length of bolt or rod about 15-16mm diameter.

Chuck Norcutt