Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 08:47:36 -0500
In the manufacturing world, the USA is pretty much entirely metric.
The only area that is specifically hanging on to the legacy system is
general public. We buy our gas in gallons, drive in miles and freeze
in Fahrenheit. Even our bathroom scales complain in pounds.

Some things just make more sense in the legacy system. When estimating
time to drive someplace, I figure a mile-per-minute. If it's 100
degrees out, it is HOT. Zero degrees? That's seriously cold. 50
degrees? Jacket weather.

AG (Five foot, 16 inches) Schnozz