Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 11:44:09 -0500
> No one will ever know who "bought" the election of 2010, but look for an
> endless stream of this idiocy into the future, as long as the US holds
> together -- which I give 20-30 years, tops.

That's an odd accusation. Especially considering that the overall
giving for both sides was substantially the same. You can pick on
individual races here or there to back up whatever side you want.

I have a pretty easy way of voting. I almost always vote against the
incumbant. My thinking is that if that individual isn't part of the
problem, then he/she is ineffictive in fighting the problem. Anybody
who has been in longer than six years is pretty much the poster-child
of criminal or moron. Take your pick.

As to that supreme court decision--don't be histerical. It reversed
bad laws and defined the limits of what can be governed. You have to
admit that a couple of the provisions were pretty stupid. Bad law is
bad law, no matter if you are for it or not. This supreme court ruling
was exactly how our federal government system works. There are three
branches of government that work together to establish the laws of the
land. Two branches got out of whack with a certain set of laws, and
the third one slapped them down. On the flip side, when the judicial
branch goes off the rails, we have two other branches which put the
country back in the right direction.

But none of this has anything to do with Olympus--except there should
be a law that Olympus shouldn't have abandoned the OM mount.

AG