Re: [OM] OT: the Nykon "compact" won the competition -- a re-think

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: the Nykon "compact" won the competition -- a re-think
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 17:25:46 -0700
On 11/4/2010 8:36 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> Yes, I had forgotten about that.  But I have been looking for an
>> all-rounder.  My GF-1 with 20/1.7 fills the rôle of HCB shooter :-)
> That's definitely a nice little setup. But I'm so married to tactile control.

Take a look at the G12. Actual dedicated mechanical dials for ISO and EV, true
front control dial, ala DSLRs and usable
rear control dial. You can actually independently control aperture and speed
with forefinger and thumb in manual, for
example.

I've heard folks say Canon doesn't design for photographers. I don't agree.

Moose