Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 00:12:46 -0700
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> That's interesting.  Anyone have any further reference on this point?
>
> On 11/4/2010 4:08 PM, Moose wrote:
>
>> At least, as I understand it, the personhood of corporations, and
>> thus their Constitutional rights, rests on legislation, not the
>> Constitution, so any future popular revolt requires only legislation
>> to change it.

I don't think that's quite right, Moose.

I believe the so-called "personhood of corporations" was established by several
high court decisions. Of course, those can be over-ruled, but I think that, as
Constitutional interpretations, it would take a lot more than legislative
action to do away with them.

After large expenditures of federal, state, and county funds; after much
confusion generated by detours and road blocks; after greatly annoying the
surrounding population with noise, dust, and fumes, the previously existing
traffic jam is relocated by one half-mile. -- Alan Deitz