Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 00:13:47 -0700
> From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
>
> You demand we metrify to make you life easier.

I don't "demand" anything. I just sit back (with an outsider's point-of-view)
and chuckle at how silly y'all look to the rest of the world.

If it weren't for having the cheapest energy until quite recently, the US would
be just some two-bit stubborn nationalist player. Let's see how the next couple
decades (of soon-to-be "unobtanium"-priced oil) and future historians treat you.

The [agricultural] revolution has deprived the mass of consumers of any
independent access to the staples of life: clothing, shelter, food, even water.
-- Wendell Berry