Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 00:20:20 -0700
On 5 Nov 10, at 23:05, olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Why don't we just invade Canada and turn it into the State #51. Problem
> solved.

What, you didn't get the memo? Except for the natives' annoying habit of public
health care, it's practically done!

Except for Harper having no more than 40% of the vote versus 48%, it's as
though GWB is running things up here already!

Seriously, we've got your oil. I give it 20 years or so before the US figures
that out... oh, wait... NAFTA already guarantees the US access to Canadian
energy, even if Canada's own citizens don't have enough. Isn't that the very
definition of "colony?"

Invading Canada would only cause the same sort of heartburn that giving
corporations the right to vote would. Why go to all the trouble when you own
the system, anyway?